Me, feluccas, history and healing in Luxor, Egypt

This is the story of a "felucca girl" in Luxor, Egypt.

I have refound my youth in this amazing country, making it my permanent home, spending my time showing tourists the wonder of the eternal River Nile on a traditional sailing boat called a felucca.

Egypt is a very spiritual land. A land of amazing energies and healing. Temples and tombs abound. Join me in experiencing the spirituality of Egypt. Reiki, Crystals, Healing, Energy Work..... all are available here.

Welcome to my world!

Monday 23 May 2011

Luxor testing times

I have no pictures to show but I thought to share a few things with you with regard to my move to the West Bank.

Apart from the flying carpet that is no longer gracing my floor, I have still not found my passport or my marriage contract, both of which were "shoved in a bag" by a friend.  But which bag? She cannot remember lol. I guess they will turn up when I am least expecting it.

I am now slowly getting sorted out. As this is a fairly temporary move, I had already boxed up some of my things  and marked the boxes "not needed".  They are now safely stacked away, but the pile of other stuff that is not needed is growing by the day. Well, its not that we don't need them, we just don't need them over the summer, or they are just ornamental stuff that can be stored until later.

The new flat is a furnished flat, but as we already have a lot of our own furniture, most of it was not needed. Both bedrooms had both a double and a single bed in them. I do not need that amount of beds, so I asked that the double in the second bedroom be removed, and the single in the master bedroom be taken into the second bedroom, leaving us with a master bedroom and a twin room. Nice yes?  Make sense.... yes?
Not to some Egyptians!  The double bed was removed from the "twin" room and the 2 workers disappeared into the master bedroom to move the single to the "twin" room.  All going well so far.  Not! After about 20 minutes, I decided to see what the hold up was as we were waiting to move things out of the main living area.
The double bed in the master bedroom was in pieces and was about to be moved to join the single in the "twin" room.  Ok, so does it make sense to you, that I should want a double bed taking out of the "twin" room to be replaced by the double bed from the master bedroom, leaving the master bedroom with a single bed only?  Yes? No? Hmmmmmm  Anyway, the problem was eventually resolved and we now have a master bedroom and a twin room.

Then there is the fridge.  A nice fridge, decent size with a separate freezer at the top.  But!! No shelves! Just a huge empty space! Ok, so the landlord says he will find the shelves....... or we could change the fridge for one that is in an empty flat. No problem said I....... just get the shelves, no need to change the fridges over.
Nearly 2 weeks later, and numerous visits from "a man with shelves" and I still have a fridge with no shelves.  The first couple of visits came with shelves that were too small, the third and fourth visits had shelves that were too wide, 5 and 6 saw shelves that fit widthways, but were too deep...... and 3 days ago there was the promise to be back tomorrow to bring yet more shelves.  The "man with shelves" has not been seen since. It's amazing how adaptable a person can become when trying to use a fridge with no shelves!

The aircon in the second bedroom, nice split a/c unit worked for a brief time, but then kept cutting out and just didn't sound right. Investigation found a birds nest in the outside unit.  Sparrows. The young were fledgling though and were already hopping around, so we waited a couple of days before removing the nest.  Job done!  No! Overnight a new nest was built, and removed the next morning. This has now gone on, night and day, for over a week now, and we still have a nest there. So we have decided to leave it and hope our first visitor does not mind sharing her airconditioning with a nest of sparrows! Or hopefully the sparrows will leave the nest and not build again by the time she arrives. They have 3 weeks!

On that note, I will end this as it can get boring without pictures and I keep forgetting to get batteries for my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment