Me, feluccas, history and healing in Luxor, Egypt

This is the story of a "felucca girl" in Luxor, Egypt.

I have refound my youth in this amazing country, making it my permanent home, spending my time showing tourists the wonder of the eternal River Nile on a traditional sailing boat called a felucca.

Egypt is a very spiritual land. A land of amazing energies and healing. Temples and tombs abound. Join me in experiencing the spirituality of Egypt. Reiki, Crystals, Healing, Energy Work..... all are available here.

Welcome to my world!

Monday 19 March 2012

Pyramid of Tukh

What a great day out!

I spent the day with great friends out and about exploring this amazing country. Now in response to all those who, when they visit Luxor, ask "where are the pyramids?", prompting hysterical mirth in response, we can now say..... just north of Luxor!

Today, we went to see the Pyramid of Tukh..... 3rd Dynasty, Pharoah Huni, father of Khufu!  A badly damaged step pyramid which is actually well worth seeing.  I got to sit quietly inside the collapsed part of the pyramid and thought it was an amazing place for meditation.  I didn't want to leave!

At the same time we visited some small tombs, sadly with nothing really left in the way of reliefs, but still worth a look.  They are 18th Dynasty and the area around the outside is littered with pottery fragments, bits of which still have some paint on them.  Beautiful.











To finish our little tour, we then headed to a temple dedicated to Set.  Nothing much there to see, as all the stone has long gone, but you can clearly see the outlines of the walls, and there are a few bits of stone laying around.  Lol I am going to have to Google Earth it now to see the actual shape of the temple.

Next to the site of the temple are many, many pre-dynastic burial pits...... need to wander around there next time!

Finally, we finished off at the Ramesseum rest house...... and a good long natter!!

There will be more pics later once my friend is back home and can upload her photos!  She will blog it herself, so I may just point you there to see the rest of the pictures.

Thanks to Stan Kurowski for allowing me to use his photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment