Me, feluccas, history and healing in Luxor, Egypt

This is the story of a "felucca girl" in Luxor, Egypt.

I have refound my youth in this amazing country, making it my permanent home, spending my time showing tourists the wonder of the eternal River Nile on a traditional sailing boat called a felucca.

Egypt is a very spiritual land. A land of amazing energies and healing. Temples and tombs abound. Join me in experiencing the spirituality of Egypt. Reiki, Crystals, Healing, Energy Work..... all are available here.

Welcome to my world!

Sunday 14 April 2013

Catching up!

And yet another week has flown by and I have no idea where the time went.

Its been a quiet week, well almost.......  I am home alone for a short while and its been lovely most of the time. A friend has been here, she left yesterday to return to Belgium, and we spent a lovely morning wandering around Deir El Medina the other day.  That trip followed our recent viewing of the BBC documentary by Joanne Fletcher about the tomb of Kha and Merit and their lives.  Well..........  I just had to go see for myself!  Didn't find the tomb although I did figure out roughly where it was. Maybe another day when there are less visitors there will find me ferreting around in peace!  We did have a great time though, and even better, we finished it off with a huge jug of fresh lemon juice at Restaurant Mohamed just up by the ticket office.

Last week also saw a visit to a friend who was hosting a lunch in aid of a local charity.The Al Bairat Family Clinic, Luxor, Egypt provides a much needed service to local families with disable children.  To be honest, I have not been, it would upset me too much, but I am very impressed with the work they do with the children. I, along with many others, are happy to support this wonderful facility in whatever way we can.  The Shepherds pie and Robin's famous chicken curry were superb!

Tomorrow sees me off working again........ Edfu temple and El Kab. It promises to be a fun day I think! I will try and remember to get some photos for you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment